I'm taking a personal day today because I was up late last night. I went to bed at like 12 and honest-to-God, as stupid and dramatic as this sounds, I was up until 4 fuming about... certain aspects of my professional life. I'm tired. I'm just tired of it all.
But like a GOOD LITTLE BOY SCOUT I got up today right on time and showered and got out the door only to make the 15-minute walk in the cold wet and find I didn't have my wallet, which contained my metrocard and all my money as wallets have a habit of doing. Fifteen minute walk back. Wetter, colder. There was no way I was doing that a third time. I'm already about to pass out from exhaustion and cold wetness. Plus there's too much I can do at home. So, a "personal day."
Personal days always sound like such crap, and here's why: They are crap. If you're taking a personal day, it's usually because you can't deal with your own life in the hours allotted to you: 5 p.m. to 9 a.m. Or it's because you have a real shitty job. Or it's because it's fucking raining.
Whatever the reason, you just have to own up to the fact that you're kinda ill-equipped to be living. But I take a personal day about once a month at this point so Look Who's Talking Too.
I'm taking a personal day tomorrow, but I've been planning it for a month.
ReplyDelete