Hi, so basically Christmas came and went. I abandoned my lonely day of movies and China in favor of one movie (Doubt, it was pretty good) and attending the Orphan Christmas Party of a couple super nice guys I only met once, though we have friends in common. It was awesome, I ate tofurkey and they even had a stocking for me with a Lego orc inside and the Across the Universe DVD, which I kept hoping someone would buy for me because I probably never would myself because of the extreme REJECTION I got after seeing that movie in the theater. Just kidding, I didn't actually mind it. Anyway, hopefully I didn't make a dick of myself so they will be my new friends HI GUYS AND WELCOME TO MY SHITTY BLOG!
But the holiday festivities have not come to an end because no holiday is complete without some needless stress. Mine is in the form of losing everything I value on my computer. See, I bought this external hard drive by LaCie earlier this week for the purpose of putting everything on it and reformatting my computer. So I did that. But now the thing is giving me crap. In the middle of reading and writing, it starts clicking and then unmounts itself from my computer for no reason.
The problem is, I still haven't put everything back on my newly-erased computer AND the fact that I was hoping this thing would work to house my music library rather than my PC. So basically everything's stranded on it, and the LaCie website is all stick-in-the-ass and saying how they aren't responsible and if I send it to get fixed/replaced, they won't bother to give me my data back. Thanks, LaCie, it's good to make customer service a priority.
But I brought it to work with me (yeah, I'm at work now when the rest of professional America is home with their leftover ham) and it seems to be pretty stable on my work computer for some reason, so backed up my life here (don't tell). Anyway, I'm mad, and I'm not the only person to have this problem.
I dunno, hopefully I was just overworking it this morning. There's a chance it was just getting mad at having to play AND import music at the same time.
Isn't knowing every detail of my computer problems SO interesting?
Ok I'm gonna go eat my croissant and call my mom to see if she landed yet because my parents are visiting today.
Oh and my computer's fixed so Photoshop works again so I will hopefully use my camera again after like infinity months of leaving it in the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment