Wow, guys, 2010. Whatever that means.
It's important to start off the year in a manner indicative of how you want the whole year to go. It was in this spirit that I spent yesterday watching the "New Year's Slay" Buffy the Vampire Slayer Marathon on Logo for 13 hours. Basically they played all of Season 2, so not only was I sitting and watching television for that long, but I was watching television I'd already seen 15 times before.

I also spent the time memorizing all the commercials they play on Logo. There are some new Progressive auto insurance ads up. I tend to like those. They also advertise this tacky, crystal cross necklace that has the Lord's Prayer written really tiny in the middle. It's the most garish thing I've ever seen, so it made SOME sort of sense following an ad for the next season of RuPaul's Drag Race, but I'm pretty sure the ad money would be better spent on the Gospel Music channel during one of their Sister Sister marathons or something. Dunno how many GAY VAMPIRE FANS are looking for the perfect gift for a first communion.
But the commercial I most looked forward to and dreaded was the finallyfast.com commercial that got played once an hour. They were running an extended version of the one I'm familiar with, right, so there were some extra characters I had never seen before. The one I hated was this teenage boy playing some really pathetic airplane video game who whines to his mom that "This internet connection is SO... SLOW!!!" And then finallyfast.com fixes his slow computer and he's so happy, and I hate seeing him happy because I hate seeing him. Here is him:

Don't you just want to punch his face? I KNOW!
Anyway, after he's gone I feel better because another boy gets his computer fixed, and I have a crush on him because he's adorable. He's SO HAPPY! He says, "Hey, my computer's fast! Finally! Finallyfast.com!" and basically that cemented my love.

I know he looks goofy in that picture, but basically we're lovers now and I'll defend his honor by spilling the blood of his detractors, so keep it to yourself. I hope you guys all find love in 2010 also!
lololololololz
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your new boyfriend breakup because you had a Buffy marathon without me.
ReplyDeleteMean, I watched it alone!
ReplyDelete