I saw Hostel last night. It was entertaining... which doesn't stop it from being pretty bad. But I enjoyed it once I pretended Quentin Tarantino's name wasn't on it and started seeing it as cheap, gross violence. It had a good overall theme, which would have been fun to have seen turned into a movie that would do it justice. Oh, and there were lots of boobs if you're into that sort of thing.
So, it was diverting once you got through the tedious and long exposition of the -- and I laughingly use the phrase -- plot. Worth my $8, I guess. But I'm not here to write a review of the movie. And the reason I am not going to write a review is because someone else has written one better than I possibly could. He says just about everything I want to say, but he's hilarious and a better writer. Don't read it if you don't want to know the plot of the whole movie because he basically lays it all out. Though I read the review before seeing it, and I didn't lose much.
Actually, his entire blog is pretty awesome. You should check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment