Remember my salon? Remember how it's awesome and I love my stylist? Well they dropped the freaking ball last weekend and it isn't until now that I've decided I'm seriously mad about it.
Remember how I'm vain and shallow? Remember how my beauty comes from a bottle? Yeah, well Ink for Hair decided without consulting me that they were going to discontinue using their Paul Mitchell "the color" coloring products and only retain their shitty other brand. So FINE whatever, my stylist was up front with me and said "This brand's warm colors suck, so we'll see what we have to work with." (Perfect. Sucky warm colors when I want my hair to be hot hot hot!)
Sure enough the equivalent color on Shitty Other Brand's pallette was dull and totally lackluster. It was bereft of luster. Furthermore, the luster it lacked was made up for in lack of luster. Need I continue?
So my stylist, being fabulous, said she'd mix in this other color to give it some vibrancy and shine like I like. Wheeee great and in conclusion it didn't work and half an hour later my hair was the color MANISCHEWITZ!
I'm exaggerating, but I did hate it. It was super dark and actually the color red, which I dunno if you've noticed, but red hair is not red, it's orange. I looked like a punk or at least like one of those Russian women in leopard-print lycra. My coworker said it looked "cranberry" in the flourescent light in the office.
Everyone was all "Oh, it'll fade and look fine" but it's not fading fast enough and also, I'm afraid it will fade to PINK!
And to top it all off, the shit destroyed my hair! I still can't get my fingers through it without hitting like infinity knots. The Paul Mitchell was awesome because my hair would feel smooth and normal again after like 3 washes. I've washed my hair 12 times since last Thursday, and it's STILL a nappy mess.
I'm so annoyed that I have to find a new salon and colorist, and it's such an inconvenience right now PLUS I'm going to a conference this week and was hoping to look like a professional and not a "professional."
In conclusion, I would say that Shitty Other Brand is not a good hair dye.
Don't stress~ it doesn't look as red as last weekend~ I m sure by the time u go to the conference no one will notice~
ReplyDeleteomg. i hope you don't look ugly, i can't be seen in public with ugly people.
ReplyDelete:) we'll go to a DARK bar.
xo,
WDL
Its clear to me that the foundations of your very existence have been shaken to the core. I know this because it's a holiday today, and you blogged.
ReplyDeleteI have to say though, I'd like to see you before the cranberry hue fades to a disappointing diluted Kool-Aid. Oh yeah!