Some Fine Products

So I was back at the homestead (Chicago) last week at a conference (hence the radio silence). The week, apart from being exhausting, enlightening, fattening, lovely, etc., also involved a lot of cuddling up in the hotel room watching quality daytime television.

Highlights included Tyra, Ellen, Springer, Judge Judy, and some American Idol retrospective. It took me back.

Whatever who cares the point is Chicago has some of the most repetitive, awful, boring local commercials during daytime talkshows. It's all "Get your degree online" this and "Good credit, bad credit, or no credit at all" that clearly appealing to the demographic of jobless losers who sit at home all day and expect the world to give them something for nothing.

Some of them tickled my nostalgia funny, though, like Attorney Peter Francis Geraci and his bankruptcy info tapes. I swear, that man has been trying to get me out of debt with the same constipated schtick since I was 10 years old, but he's obviously doing something right because he hasn't aged a day! You go, Peter Francis Geraci!

Anyway, this sort of got us on the topic of awesome local commercials from across the country. By "we", I mean me and my cuddle-up-and-watch-shitty-teevee buddy James. (Those were some good times.)

Anyway, he deserves most of the credit for the following selections.

Oh, and if you're only going to watch/listen to one of these, scroll down and make it the last one, the one that's only audio. I swear to God.

FREE CHICKEN BOX!

I apologize in advance for the next one. You'll be singing this hit song to all your friends for days!

P.S. AWESOME SUIT WHO'S YOUR TAILOR!?!

Yeah, he's white you racist.

These next two are from Chicago THANK YOU!

How in the hell can he store that stuff for such a cheap price?!

Oscillated!

OMG and last, you need to hear this a million times. It's a radio spot for La France Drugs. No video... no problem. It is top qualiky!

I listen to that over and over again.

OVER AND OVER!

Luggice.

1 comment:

  1. omg. first. hilarious.

    second. where can i get that la france commercial. i can not find it ANYWHERE.

    Third, um, yeah it was good seeing you too.

    xo,
    WDL

    ReplyDelete