Fall

I fell up the stairs on the subway platform this morning. It was a truly spectacular fall. Bodies everywhere!

Well... coffee everywhere. Either way, it marked a decisive end to an excellent pre-birthday long-weekend + birthday Tuesday.

I'm 28 now: the almost-30est pre-30 age with the exception of 29. I did wake up yesterday feeling more mature and level-headed (it's uncanny!) but I'm back to normal today. I would like to thank All of Facebook for setting a new standard in quantity of birthday wishes. I stopped counting around 30 (portent of the future?). Anyway, I've certainly lost touch with some lovely people.

Marching China

I've spent the majority of the summer as a Level 70 Introspector, pondering my life over long sessions of Zelda and Mass Effect in an attempt to shed a routine of social coasting and serial monogamy. The result: rousing success. I feel refreshed, optimistic, and 15% more domestic. I was told that 27 is the age where even the most naysaying start to desire children. If that's the case, then I say that 28 is the age when even the most slovenly start keeping a home in which those children won't die of typhus.

Marching Korea

Anyway, I realize there are a couple more weeks until the equinox, but I'm starting my autumn now because it's my favorite season, things are looking up, and I'm in a super good mood. So Happy Fall 2010!

Clapping China

Oh, but to finish my story, I fell up the stairs and spilled my coffee everywhere, and as I was trying to get back up I slipped and fell again, and I was in front of a whole crowd of people who couldn't get around me so all they could do is stand there and watch and then my shoe fell off.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I was as good at blogging as you are. Teach me? I'm glad you had a good pre-birthday and actual birthday. All good things must end; some more violently than others. See you on Saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtf is up with that korea?

    um...29 isn't so bad ASSHOLE!

    ReplyDelete