Have I talked you to death about my iPhone yet? NO!?! OMG YOU GUYS I GOT AN iPHONE HOLY SHIT!
Ok, done. So because of my iPhone, I don't read anymore. Especially on the commute to work. This not because I'm letting my brain dissolve but because I got the NY Times Crosswords app, and that's pretty much the most important thing in my life right now.
**SPOLER ALERT** This post contains spoilers for today's New York Times Crossword Puzzle. I know you will all want to read with caution.
Anyway, the reason I am Shame is because I CHEATED on the crossword today.
The guy sitting in front of me on the bus was also doing today's NY Times crossword, but the print version. I would be doing the print version as well if the subscription rate weren't so outlandishly high for someone who only buys it from the crossword.
Anyway I cheated off him, which is something I was proud of never having done. And he wasn't even good! So I justified it in my head by pretending we were collaborating, which is totally allowed. It's not my fault he wouldn't listen to me.
I kept mentally projecting "AZARIA! It's AZARIA! EXOPLANETS!" but he cut himself off from me, content to have his stupid grid mostly blank rather than acknowledge all we'd done for each other in the past. I was offended, so I stopped trying and just stole STOMA from him. Stupid man.
Anyway, thanks to Will Shortz for allowing me to form yet another pretend relationship with a stranger (Crossword Hat Guy) without the other party's knowledge.
You have an impressive record of those unwilling (and even unknowing) relationships. You might want to get that looked at. :P
ReplyDeleteThat's what this blog is for.
ReplyDelete