U P Yes

From Overhead in New York:

UPS Guy: I swear to you, Joey, I seen a lot of movies in my time, and this movie is not to be missed. I swear, it's definitely one of the ten best I've ever seen. And I'm a big movie buff. They have it at Blockbuster -- you have to rent it. It's called Nanny McPhee. You got that? Nanny McPhee.

--34th & Broadway

Don't you love it when sexy, manly men do and say geeky, non-manly things? Biggest turn-on ever, right? I know!

UPS Man

We know the guy is manly because he works for UPS, and in my experience, UPS guys are all studly, masculine men with great asses. Only UPS. FedEx guys are kinda touch-and-go, and they wear those awful 1988 polo shirts. But UPS... mmm. Just watch Legally Blonde if you don't know what I mean. (What I suggest you do not do is a Google image search because you will find out how wrong I am.)

So you can understand why this quote caught my eye. He hit that magic level of unmanly adorableness that makes me all fuzzy. It's not a "sensitive guy" thing because a chick flick place of Nanny McPhee would have been lame. I don't have time for that.

I tried analyzing why this sort of thing does it for me, but I couldn't figure it out, and it makes for a really boring blog entry that I just deleted.

I will say, though, that it's easy to go too far, and that's when "adorable" turns into "faggy." For example, men playing the flute are hot. Men playing the piccolo? Not. Guy at a baby shower: Cute. Guy enjoying a baby shower: Not. A man fussing over his hair: Yay! A man fussing over his wife's hair: Gay. Understand?

Maybe it's because liking Nanny McPhee implies that this is a guy who's comfortable with his sexuality in some convoluted way, but whatever it is, my new fantasy is opening the door to find a delivery man there holding a bottle of wine and the Chronicles of Narnia DVD.

P.S. This only works on straight guys... or, y'know, the real masculine gay ones.

P.P.S. Nanny McPhee really is awesome, and you should all go see it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment