300

In honor of today being September 10th, National Slowest Monday Ever Day, I've been playing a fun game all morning. It's called "What's In My Shoe?" and how you play is you guess the object that has been in my shoe all morning. The following backstory will provide all your clues.

Last week I visited my friend Chris in Phoenix all week. We used-book-shopped and ate fatty foods and watched the Back to the Future movies. But mostly (i.e. most importantly) we played Bingo at this casino and Pogo Games all week.

Bingo was pretty awesome because it was $14 for a ton of rounds, and they gave us little electronic machines that kept track of all our cards for us. All we had to do was type in the number when it came up, which turned out to be too much for me so I had to have the attendant come and fix my machine after I messed it all up. Anyway, I didn't win any bingo rounds but who cares because in honor of Labor Day, we all got FREE Labor Day-themed bingo daubers! I can't wait for next time I go to Drag Queen Puppet Bingo because I'll be able to impress all my friends. "No no, I don't need your crappy rental dauber, I have my very own vibrant red dauber with an American flag and an eagle (not endangered) on it." It's almost as cool as having your own bowling ball, but I haven't reached that level yet.

Anyway, we also made day trips to Tuscon and Sedona. Don't go to Tuscon unless you have a really good reason or if the homeless are out. Or a death wish (south side). The town is boring otherwise.

Sedona's the prettiest little tourist trap I ever did see. There are some red mountains, but the main event in Sedona is the collection of mystical vorticies peppered throughout the area. They're supposed to be good for your soul or something, but the only noticable effect I saw was their ability to attract a billion little occult stores advertising aura photography and crystal healing. Chris' Mayan astrological sign is the Dog, which means he is loyal but tends to have sex with a lot of people.

Pavoratti died too, so.... there's that. I guess that's all I have to say about my week. OH! But the final clue is that I bought 30 books at various new and used bookstores in Arizona, so I had to do some creative packing to get them to fit in my suitcase. This involved putting things into my shoes, so I'm betting the thing in my shoe is a single-use vial of eye drops. It doesn't feel like a coin. It doesn't hurt. The thing is, I didn't pack any single-use vials of eye drops. Anyway, stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion.

1 comment:

  1. holy crap you were in Arizona? You should have come up to Flagstaff, 45 minutes north of Sedona, where I live! It's much more fun, only not really. And I'm absolutely positive you wanted to meet me, haha! Sedona is a tourist trap, but if you go to unknown places, it's a lot of fun and can be really beautiful. As long as you don't get salmonella in the water or something, which has been a concern lately because kids think they can just do their business in there like it's no problem. And I'm getting the feeling that Sedona is a pseudo-artistic town. With all the statues and whatnot. It's trying to appeal to the wealthy homeowners there. Bleh, it just looks fake to me.

    Anyway, I feel sad that an internet friend was so close and yet so far away! That's crazy, no one visits Arizona, unless you want to see the big hole in the ground (Grand Canyon. I live an hour and a half from it if you want a tour some day... heh...)

    ReplyDelete