Gay Men I Admire

Oddly enough, this entry contains spoilers for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You have been warned. But honestly, if you haven't read the book yet, you're probably not too concerned.

ian
  1. Ian McKellan - Total class act.
  2. Lance Bass - I know "envy" is different than "admire", but I want his hot boyfriend.
  3. Albus Dumbledore - Ok, bear with me. First of all, obviously I admire the man. Everyone does. Okay, and my friend today at lunch mentioned how he's so obviously gay. Think about it! Never married... no documented female companions of any sort, and then that mysterious and attractive Grindlewald shows up and suddenly they disappear together for hours, days at a time. Even years all those years later, Dumbledore still wanted his hands on Grindlewald's Elder Wand. Dumbledore? More like DumbleWHORE! Ok, I'm done.
  4. Ok, I can't think of any more.

So that's one person, one fictional character, and one "don't really admire." That certainly failed. Here's a picture of Iceman.

xmen3pubf

UPDATE 10/20/07: Totally called it!

Oh, and I should probably say that clearly I don't really think Dumbledore is a whore. I just can't resist such an easy pun.

Thoughts on the announcement. Another 2-minute blog entry. Don't expect much.

9 comments:

  1. I love Ian McKellan. He's one of my personal heroes.

    Gay men that I admire...
    Ian McKellan
    George Takei
    Neil Patrick Harris
    Alan Cumming
    Rupert Everett
    Stephen Fry
    Graham Norton
    Clive Barker
    Barney Frank
    Johnny Mathis
    Michael Stipe
    Fred Schneider

    ...and those are off the top of my head. Any of these guys are welcome at my house any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's Eliza from real life - I've finally gotten to setting up a proper blog. Anyway, I agree that Ian McKellan is one of the biggest class acts in the history of the universe. I also agree about Dumbledore, and like to think that after someone as merry, engaging, and beautiful as Grindelwald went wrong, he at least cherished some happy memories. As for Iceman... admittedly I've only seen the movies, but why did they bother even having him there, again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, u called Dumbledore a whore! so he fell for Grindlewald when he was young and never forget about him. He's a romantic~ :)

    As for admirable gay men? hmm....there isn't much choice there since I dunno anyone~ If I have to choose it would be John Barrowman aka Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who/Torchwood~ He and his character are both openly and proudly being who they are without any issue~ that's the attitude those closeted american actors should learn~ And the fact that he is so dreamy doesn't hurt either~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kookiejar - Get out! Clive Barker? Fierce. Anyway, your list is way better and filled with people I agree with but couldn't think of in the 10 seconds it took me to write my post.... and a few people I've never heard of but won't admit to.

    P-Eliza - Hi! They put Iceman in the movie so we had something to look at when Cyclops wasn't on screen. Also, to make Anna Paquin's character seem interesting, but that didn't work.

    HAL - Shut up, he's a whore. I seriously need to start watching those shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ian McKellen is a NATIONAL TREASURE. I adore him. In fact, if he was into younger guys, I'd be round his a lot. His coming out story is a classic - he was being baited by the host about 'them' (the gays) and he turned round and said something like 'actually, I'm one of them, and I'd thank you not to talk about us that way'. Not bad for homophobic Britain in the mid-1980's. I can't help but feel weirdly proud that we have a widely respected gay icon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and I didn't make your list? I'm shocked.

    My number one gay guy i look up to is George Takei, because he's a gung-ho activist on one hand, and on the other he's really the funniest guy EVER...and I don't mean funny like a drag-queen (who aren't funny), but really really humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that Lance and Reichen Lehmkuhl broke up in January. Dear lord that man is a hot piece of ass, if I do say so myself. So I guess he's free, and I'm thinking you should definitely go take him. But that means that you would have to film it and put it on Xtube, and then there'd be this crazy scandal, and I'm not sure you'd be down for that. I would totally namedrop though and say, "I read his blogs!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be prepared for the crapflood. You're the 12th link on "dumbledore gay" on Google, and with Rowling's announcement today, your poignant analysis is going to get you a lot of unwanted attention.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be ok, thanks. I was clearly being glib and ridiculous, so if people don't like it, they can leave their comments.

    ReplyDelete