Not in Kansas

So. Anyone else pissed by the lame tornado that bopped on through? There was a thunderstorm attached.

I did not move out of the Midwest for this. And yet... if this were the midwest, I bet the entire freaking city wouldn't have shut down. How come every time it rains, the transportation system can't handle it? Don't they plan for these things? I'm sure when they were building the subways, it must have rained a few times. Did they all stand around afterwards thinking "Wow, I'm glad that will never happen again?"

UPDATE: I didn't actually get hit by the tornado. I just wanted to make that clear. I did, however, have to walk to work this morning, which was a royal suckfest because the torrential rainstorms didn't even have the courtesy to drive the humidity away.

5 comments:

  1. The subways shut down because of a rainstorm? I thought New Yorkers were supposed to be tough. :) That would be unheard of here in Omaha (if we had subways, or public transportation of any kind....you get my drift).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps New York is losing its edge.

    Every time I see your username, I start singing to myself "You must be my kookiejaaaaaaaar! 'Cause you shine on me wherever you are!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. NPR just profiled the NYC "waterbug" problem. They are just huge cockroaches from what I recall. They need the water.

    And think of tornadoes as extra breezes. I'm so sick of spending half my work day in the basement of the library. The summer here is tornadopalooza.

    I did not leave a major city for this.

    xo,
    WDL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a waterbug problem? I've never seen one. I hear they're terrifying.

    Tornadopalooza indeed! That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to tell my brother what you said about my user name. He is the biggest Madge fan on the planet.

    ReplyDelete