Bundookie

bunduki

My GChat status message reads "Bunduki!!!!" and it prompted the following conversation. I reproduce it here because it's one that I want to have with ALL of you.

Robb: what the hell is that supposed to mean?

me: What?

Robb: bunduki

me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh.
Bunduki is the shittiest book ever written.
I'm reading it now, it's SO bad!
I found it at a used book store with a friend in Phoenix and we made fun of it, and then he sent it to me a couple days ago because he's weird.
It's a novel about Tarzan's adopted son, Bunduki!

Robb: how nice of him
ahh

me: I love it.

Robb: I didn't know the african jungle had adoption agencies
was that the same one madonna used?

me: The guy's a total horny nerd.
Well, Tarzan moved to England I guess.
Hahaha!
Bunduki went to Eton.
It's not his real name.

Robb: I should hope not

me: The author (horny nerd guy) goes into all this horrible detail like "He pulled the string back 24 inches and shot the 31 inch fiber glass arrow at an angle of 34 degrees."
And all the women are scantilly clad and "Bust 37, waist 20, hips 36."
He keeps referring to Bunduki as "the blonde giant."
You HAVE to read it!

Robb: :-)

me: Whenever he uses an adjective on the women, he qualifies it. Like, he can't just say "the smaller woman" he has to say "the smaller, but no less voluptuous woman"
On the cover is this broad-chested guy and a hot blonde with HUGE boobs running from these giant red-eyed monkey things with sticks.

Robb: lol
it sounds wonderful

me: It is! I read 120 pages yesterday and i'm gonna finish today if I can.
The hot blonde is Bunduki's cousin, but he's falling in love with her because she's so buxom.
Anyway, what are YOU reading?
OH WAIT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE IT'S NOT BUNDUKI!

5 comments:

  1. Bahaha I read your full review of Bunduki. It seems to ridiculous, I can't help but want to read it. Oh man, it could probably be the worst book ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired by this and promise to do a whole lotta nothing tommorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Havoc - "Worst book ever." Those words sound familiar. Didn't we meet under similar circumstances? :-)

    Deviant - I think you commented on the wrong entry, stupid. Speaking of stupid, got stuck again and need help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of 'especially' stupid, there's supposed to be an 'I' in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! And I actually just went back to goodreads, to the review of yours that spawned our friendship. Oh how the hatred brings us together.

    ReplyDelete