Liveblogging My Workday

8:00 a.m. -- Arrived at work. Chitchatted with Liz for a while about stupid crap.

8:16 a.m. -- Turned on computer.

8:32 a.m. -- Finished reading all of my blogs and webcomics already. You guys all suck for not being more prolific.

8:33 a.m. -- Received Hypocrate of the Year Award.

8:34 a.m. -- Started browsing Yelp.com.

9:25 a.m. -- Where DOES the time go? I'm going downstairs for a presentation on something. I have no idea what it is, I just signed up for it because there will be bagels.

11:15 a.m. -- I'm back! I listened to a guy whose job I want talk about how fabulous and interesting his job is. Also, I ate three bagels.

11:16 a.m. -- I have completed my transformation into a cow.

11:49 a.m. -- I've decided to skip lunch so I can go home early.

1:19 p.m. -- Sorry, what? Oh, yeah I've been surfing the net and Yelping and chatting and going to the other room for no reason. My boss isn't in today, so... you understand.

1:21 p.m. -- I'm going to eat this banana now.

1:26 p.m. -- Found a book in Dutch about Mozart. Will pretend to be completely Dutch ignorant so nobody questions me for "working on this" the rest of the day.

1:31 p.m. -- I miss my banana. Everyone just went up to lunch, so it's just me and the peel for another hour.

1:42 p.m. -- Totally bored, but the idea of actually working hits me like the sound of 50 howler monkeys screaming in my ear and throwing knives at me. Ooh, Liz is coming!

1:52 p.m. -- Just went to the bathroom where a fellow librarian farted in front of the CFO. I thought my organs were going to explode containing my laughter. I slipped out of the bathroom and RAN down the hall to an empty room to lose my mind for a few minutes. I totally wish you could have been there!

2:16 p.m. -- Liz left. I'm thinking of cutting out early. Earlier than early, technically. At any rate, I'm done with this. Happy Do Nothing Day, everyone!

1 comment: