Ok the problem is that every Tuesday night I have a volunteer shift from 6-9 at a place I am not disclosing here because I already have one person who comes in every week and stands there watching me work and occasionally asks me personal questions in a quiet, molestery monotone... y'know, one of those people who makes you uncomfortable but is too nice/tragic to stand up to because you don't want to make them upset. Whenever I start thinking I maybe don't have a conscience, I remember some of the people I've put up with in the past to spare their feelings and then I feel better despite how ungraciously I do it (ungracious because then I complain about it in my blog).
Anyway the reason this is a problem (but not a huge problem) is because I'm super tired today because someone made the stupid decision to syndicate Roseanne from midnight until 2, and anybody who knows anything knows that you can't resist Roseanne especially when you turn it on and it's that scene in the bathroom where they're high and Jackie's hiding in the shower.

After that is the one where Roseanne is trying to get pregnant but Jackie gets pregnant instead. I don't like that one so much.
So I'm super tired today and on top of that I'm not getting a single evening to myself this week because tomorrow I'm going to a Regina Spektor concert, Thursday I'm having a Buffy night, and Friday I'm going to a Mika concert. Saturday I'll be busy doing all the cleaning and shopping I didn't get to do during the week.
Furthermore, the thing I do during these volunteer times is the exact same thing I do all day at work except instead of doing it with music, I do it with sexy pictures and bawdy stories. And for those of you who don't know what my job is, that thing is NOT digitizing it and bringing it home to store on my computer for rainy days.
And somehow this manages to happen every week. I'm always sitting here going "I don't wanna go, I won't wanna go..." and I sorta dread it and think of not going, but then I suck it up and go anyway and it ends up being fine and I have a good time and feel like I've done something good.
And then I get home and wish it wasn't already 10:00.
This probably is also a result of the social anxiety disorder I just decided I have. Because not only do I do work there, but I also have to be friendly. And I'm not very good at that.
Anyway this isn't going anywhere. It's just what I'm feeling.
In other news Sexy Latte Boys 1 and 2 are totally M.I.A. and I will die alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment