Forget what I said about blogging more. Believing me is for chumps anyway!
Anyway, I just logged onto Yelp.com for no reason only to find that I haven't written a review since 2008, and it bothered me. I'm not talking about my absence from the site because that was a decisive choice I made due to it becoming popular and therefore plagued with boring, pointless writing and far-less-interesting events. (Sorry, current Yelpers. I'm sure it wasn't you personally.)
What bugged me is that I feel like quitting Yelp wasn't that long ago, but 2008 was over 2 years ago. That's a long time: a giant 2-year span of time where I have no record of any restaurants I've discovered or venues I've seen, and since I have a terrible long-term hard drive in my brain (Cory, I forgot when your birthday is again, btw) that's basically two years of which I have no memory at all! I really have to document my life better so when I'm old and full of regrets, I can look at something and say "Bonus, I did stuff after all!"
Let's start now! Yesterday Rybrarian came over and we watched Jeopardy and played Mortal Kombat. Then he came with me to buy earplugs because I forgot to. So that's cool. Oh, we went to DUANE READE for that. I give them 4 stars. __ Useful __ Funny __ Cool
Ooh, also, there is a new Starbucks character. His name is Gay Latte Boy, and I like him a lot because he gave me free cookies one time. Today he told me about how he saw Spiderman and it was stupid. Well... he didn't tell ME, he told his coworkers, and I stood off to the side pretending to arrange my iPod and eavesdropping. I'm considering having a crush on him, but I want to discuss it with my boyfriend first.
Jesus Christ, speaking of that place, some kid stole the Foursquare mayorship from me, and I have been chasing him for over a month! Every time I check in, I am 1 day away from becoming mayor, and I check in every day! He's smoking in his picture, so obviously he must be destroyed. I'm sure he lives on my street, too, because all of his stupid mayorships are within a block. Get a life, dude, you seriously need to get out more! (Readers, I know what you're thinking, and I want you NOT to say it.)
So that's what's going on with me. That and my karaoke league team, Snooki: Reloaded, are regular season champions. Waiting on results from finals Wednesday. And uh.... yeah I'll probably link to a couple videos that are starting to surface so you can see how talented we all are and be so jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment