Catalogtistic

I'm feeling totally autistic today, and I can't snap out of it. So I'm sitting here at work with a really interesting pile of scores to go through, but all I can manage to do is stare at my fixed field reading the same letters over and over again, processing them in any but a productive way. It's unbelievable, I've never zoned out so uncontrollably or with so much focus. My mind is going, but it's like not part of my experience of the world right now. For my next trick, I will gaze fixedly at a subject heading for six straight hours while simultaneously drooling and calculating pi.

I thought some coffee would help, but it just made me jittery and anxious. It would seem that the only thing that snaps me out of it is writing in my blog, mostly because here I can channel my retarded thoughts without any responsibility to importance or cohesiveness.

In unrelated news, somebody took a pencil from me while I was gone, and I feel like fucking Milton. I understand that it's an expected consequence of having the office phone at one's desk, but if it keeps happening, I won't have any penicls at all! And it was my good one, too. So I noticed there's a little space to write on the pencil cup I bought at Staples after my first day, and I wrote on it. I wrote "Pencil Cup." in regular pencil. And then I wrote "For me." in blue pencil. And last, I wrote "Mine." in red pencil. So hopefully, it will deter any future thievery.

Happy 6-6-6, by the way. I think there's a movie coming out, but I'm not sure. It might help if on every construction site, subway, and billboard in all of New York there were a cryptic sign that said 6.6.06 and didn't say what it was about so you think it's a stupid death metal band releasing an album or hey, maybe the real apocalypse, but you don't really care, and then suddenly you find out "Ohhhhh, it's a movie with Julia Stiles, I guess all that unnecessary vagueness was supposed to make that interesting." ...for instance. That's just an example, I mean there are other ways to advertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment