Today I discovered podcasts. Yes, today. Despite what you may infer from my innovative, hi-tech, handmade blog template, I'm always one step behind the rest of my generation concerning Web 2.0. I downloaded iTunes for the first time in May. I clicked the podcast button today.
Well like anyone else who endeavors to explore something with a trendy name like "podcast", I now figure myself a total expert. I subscribe to NPR's All Songs Considered, which I used to only listen to once every few months when I remembered to check the website. I also subscribed to a classical music thing that played Ravel for me today and a Celtic music one that's super-long.... and, geekily, the American Library Association Library 2.0 series.
No news, don't be silly. Why should I use technology for anything worthwhile?
Anyway, I'm totally addicted, but I'm sure I'll get over it soon after I subscribe to more things than I have time to listen to because this is what I do. Right, but the point is that I have nothing to talk about. I seriously have to stop being the boringest person ever. This evening, I am doing laundry. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. That'll be nice... get outta the house for a while.... I can make a night of it.... I'm cool....
i love you. oh and call me sometime. i lost your home number, and you never return my cell phone calls.
ReplyDeleteYou need to lsiten to the Tim Gunn podcasts. Tim Gunn will be my mentor and bff!!!!!
- Marshall