
I'm home sick from work today for two reasons. For one, I'm sick. Fever, sniffles, yuckiness, ookiness, all that. Whatever, who cares?
The OTHER reason I'm sick is because I broke my fucking glasses last night! I don't even know what happened! I reached up to adjust them, and the delicate touch of my supple hands caused the "ear attachy stick thingy" to snap right off! I would have been better if I sat on them or stepped on them or something real, but they broke in such a pitiful way that it makes me feel more pathetic.
For any of you who have experienced broken glasses, you know it's the worst feeling in all the world. Worse than being dumped. Worse than losing your job. Worse than accidentally killing your pet. (Hi, Kitty!) To quote my favorite movie, "I felt like my stomach was gonna fall out my butt!"

So I had to sit through all of Grease, the musical, with my hand to my face. Now I'm home sick, feverish, achy, sweating, and legally blind. The only positive thing about this is that it just put "Legally Blonde" (from the musical) in my head, but after about an hour of repeated refrains, that won't be so positive anymore.
So that's my shitty day. Tell me about yours. I bet I win.
You are strong.
ReplyDeleteAren't the 'ear attachy stick thingies' called stems? I can't remember anymore, or why reference to a flower would be used for glasses.
ReplyDeleteBreaking your glasses is the worst; I can relate. Since my ass is so large I've sat on a couple of glasses in my day (usually my dad's sunglasses), including my own. Hang in there :(
Thank you for your support, ladies. Everything's fixed today because I got new glasses. They're way different. My mom likes them, but something I feel like a spaceman. Pic to come.
ReplyDeletesometimes*
ReplyDelete