Inspiration

As you've all surely noticed from your late nights of desperately hitting the refresh button on my blog, I haven't been writing a lot lately. The problem is, I've not been inspired. I don't know why, especially considering I've done lots of great things lately worth writing about. I've also learned a lot of neat things like all about sea monkeys. Yet somehow, when I go to write anything, it either doesn't come out or sucks.

But I recently came across a video from one of my favorite internet personalities, Ze Frank. The video, from his blog, is about inspiration.

I don't know how he does it, but the man is fabulous and hilarious one minute, and then he'll come out with sage advice that makes me feel so good about the world. Ze Frank is the best, and he's one of those people I secretly watch out for when I'm walking around the city.

Anyway, I still have nothing to write about, but in the spirit of "keep on making stuff," I've decided to share some things that might inspire you. From my lack of inspiration, I have been inspired to inspire. I'm so meta it hurts so much it hurts.

Anyway, I'm going with the philosophy here that seeing people be creative will make you feel creative. To begin, this was floating around the Music Librarian Association listserv this morning:

It gets annoying at 3:18, but better again at 4:22. My favorite is the pepper kazoo.

The following is one of my favorite things to watch, largely based on the content at Indexed:

I imagine that man being very sexy.

Ok, I gotta get back to work, and you've wasted enough time watching videos. Loser. The moral of the story is I'm going to blog more even if I'm not inspired, so be prepared for a whole lot of shit in the coming weeks.

Also, speaking of Ze Frank, you should go to The ORG, which is basically this community of who I consider to be some of the most creative people on the Internet just having fun sharing pictures and videos and projects. I'm a member, but you all know I don't do much of anything, so.... whatever, ok.

But before you go, here's a holiday video sorta related to the Vegetable Orchestra one above. It's the most adorable Japanese man ever and his rendition of Angels We Have Heard on High:

5 comments:

  1. Second video: Was that an apple bong at 1:18?

    I have a strange urge to play Wizard of Oz with the volume off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Right? I told you it was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't he listen? Do not play with your food.

    besides, brocolli gives one gas.

    xo,
    WDL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I won't touch the stuff. But I don't think Asians fart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do, but you can't tell cuz they're always making that face.

    ReplyDelete