Unnnnnngh......
I stayed home all day yesterday alternating between reading two hours and sleeping two hours. First I was reading one of my Icelandic sagas, but that was too hard because of all the names so I started the Decameron, but that was too hard because it's written for grown ups and my copy smells like spores, so I switched to this shitty young adult fantasy book that I don't even really like, but I was all "Yes. This is the level at which my brain is functioning right now."
There are a lot of icky summer bugs going around New York right now. Yesterday, I think I had all of them.
Today is better, but mostly because I'm all jacked up on DayQuil, which makes me feel pretty woozy in a pleasant detached sort of way. I get exhausted and my heart beats real fast just by climbing a simple staircase, which is less fun, but the benefit of that is hopefully I look like shit so people will feel sorry for me. I didn't put any product in my hair this morning to maximize the effect.
OOH my ears just popped! Wow, the world is so alive around me! It's like a carnival of sounds! I can hear.... whirring and typing and.... whirring. (100 points if you know the TV show to which the last two sentences were an homage.)
To conclude, this had better not get in the way of me having fun this weekend. Oh, but I'm not drinking alcohol or caffeine until after my eye surgery (to avoid dryness) so maybe fun was out of the question in the first place. Just kidding, I can have fun without alcohol. Just kidding.
If I can't get to sleep tonight I may have to resort to Nyquil.
ReplyDelete