Sunglasses, Racism, PRK Redux

I did something vaguely political this morning and listened to the Sarah Palin speech all the way through. I think that's enough serving my country for this year. To prove it, I'm not even going to tell you how I feel, but direct you to read this guy because I basically agree with him and he's funnier.

Ok back to talking about me, so I was going to tell you more about my brand new face, but now I'm embarassed because I have two brand new zits. Thanks, face, right in time for my birthday too.

Anyway the story about the sunglasses lady goes Last week my mom took me to buy my first pair(s) of sunglasses, so we went to Sunglass Hut at the mall. I love that. We were the only ones in there, so the super nice Russian shopkeep started helping us and telling me what she liked and when things came in other colors. At one point, though, these two kinda hoodlum-looking Latino boys came in. One was short with this oversized Fubu jersey and the other had this bad moustache. Anyway, they weren't in the store for two seconds when the shopkeeper excused herself, went over to them, and said "You had better not steal anything. I'm not stupid, and I'm watching you." Then she came back over to my mom and I and was all "It's always the same type. They come in here and look around and when they leave, things are missing." And she's saying this LOUD and wanting my mom and I to agree, which we can't do and still be considered decent people so I was like "I dunno, I've never owned a store mumble mumble..."

I also have an online friend who's Russian who HATES blacks and latinos. I wonder if it's a thing. (Actually he's not a friend, he doesn't talk about anything but broadway musicals and the twinky 18-year-olds he likes, but I keep him around because sometimes his broken English makes funny sentences. Would believe he ACTUALLY said to me once "Too bad you're not a cute 18-year-old" as if to imply that we could have some sort of RELATIONSHIP if I were? I was like "Bitch, in that case turning 19 and growing my 5 chest hairs is the best thing that ever happened to me!")

Anyway, I guess you gotta respect the woman for putting her notorious racism right out on the table, but those kids left and we were trying to check out and the woman kept talking about "that type who steals." Whatever, I'm over it, I got two pairs of awesome sunglasses.

Oh and let me tell you my joke I made up while being ignored under the laser. Stop me if you've heard it (which you have multiple times if you've spoken to me in the past week).

Q: Where do you go when you're blinded and need to be cured?

A: The Peek-a-Boo ICU!!!

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! I slay.

I really can't begin to tell you how happy I am about my eyes now. I feel like a brand new person... more confident (but for my BREAKOUT), more awake. The world is bigger, and I feel like I'm connecting with people more when I talk to them. It's really amazing! Ok I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. At some point maybe I'll point out to you all of the things in Palin's speech that were patently untrue. She very likely is the future of the Republican party (i.e., the past of the GOP, but with pearls) which only makes me more determined for Obama-Biden (with whom I do have some issues/disagreements) to be elected.

    xo

    ReplyDelete