Our Nation is Capital

I did a bajillion things this weekend including look cute, go to some parties, meet some out of town friends, and not have any time to myself. The highlight was before my friend's production of On the Town in Staten Island, the whackjob director said a few words and then made some horrible joke about Obama and McCain being there and introducing them and being all shocked when they didn't come out. Everyone in the theater was sitting there totally uncomfortable like "Good God this is so unfunny stupid that we want to leave but we can't because we have to see our friend perform in this crazy fat man's show." And then he said "Well, you know who IS here is our very own senator Hillary Clinton!" And I was prepared for another STUPID AWKWARD SILENCE when Senator Clinton inevitably failed to show up on stage but WONDERS BEHOLD there she was: a woman dressed as Hillary Clinton walking to the mike.

She gave some miserably unfunny speech about how she sang the national anthem on YouTube and being so proud to be there. It was the most tasteless display I think I've ever seen, one of those things where you're embarassed to even exist in this world because you have to share it with people who find this amusing. Then to finish up she made us all stand while she sang the Star Spangled Banner in this warbly church lady mezzo, complete with the wannabe diva leap of a partial on "o'er the land of the freeeeeEEEEEEE!" I felt like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at an Iranian gay pride parade: "This isn't happening. This isn't happening. It must be destroyed."

Here's a picture Cindy took of Christian and me where if we were a band, this would be our ablum cover except where I'm brighter and he's darker.

n578558205_1429135_5413

2 comments:

  1. hot. i will gladly have sex with both of you.

    AND that is the worst situation ever! I would have been all "Get off the stage fatty!" and thrown a cabbage.

    xo,
    WDL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look kind of like Dave Grohl there.

    ReplyDelete