I dunno but basically I was in Philadelphia all last week for a conference. I didn't see much of the city, but it's not one I particularly need to visit again. Sorry, Philadelphia.
Here are some crappy iPhone pictures I took and then ran through that Instamatic app that's so popular now because there's no point in doing art if it doesn't look the same as everyone else's.
I took that one while waiting for a trolley with this kid I met while wasting an afternoon in the hotel lounge. It was kinda nuts, but he's got this gregarious charm that makes you forget that you're totally uptight with new people. He sat across from me to charge his phone, we started chatting, and 5 minutes later after I told him all my secrets I was riding the subway to the north part of town to ride one of Philadelphia's old street cars. It wasn't a date (we both have lovely boyfriends), but if it were, it would have been a pretty good one.

The trolley took us through some crappy neighborhoods, but what Philadelphia lacks in Stuff I Wanna Live Around, it makes up for in Stuff That's At Least Cool To Look At. Most of the ride was through Fishtown. ><}}}*>

Aside from conference stuff and the meeting of some lovely new professional contacts, that story's kind of the best thing I came away from the conference with. Well... that and a new affinity for Women Cops of Cincinnati acquired through a 4-hour marathon on TLC. Anyway the guy lives in Jersey, so hopefully we will be besties now if I ever remember to e-mail him when I'm not doing something else like blogging for you and only you.

Don't look directly at that one. The discerning eye will notice that this picture of Earth's yellow sun (and the previous of Earth's yellow tattoo parlor) neither are perfect squares, nor look like they were taken by a douchebag with ball-mangling jeggings. That's because I used Photoshop Express for the iPhone, another fun gadget this guy introduced me to.

Uh-oh.
To conclude, it is impossible to visit Philly without having that Flipadelphia chant from Always Sunny running through your head the entire time (6 days).
No comments:
Post a Comment