Check out what I got in the mail yesterday along with a generous check.

Usually SCOTT DADs are just checks with a piece of paper that says "SCOTT DAD" but this one had a news clipping in it.
It's weird because since I came out 11 years ago, my dad hasn't once mentioned my sexuality or said the word "gay." It kinda bothers me that this might be the only thing he understands about my lifestyle. Anyway I'm going to call him and tell him I have an itchy rash.

In other news I've been really tired lately and take 2-hour naps every day. Don't be jealous. It actually sucks because I have to clean my apartment for The Architect to come tomorrow but I didn't. I bought him his favorite things to drink, though, so I'm hoping he'll be SO HAPPY with his XXX Vitamin Water that he turns a blind eye to my slovenly ways and also forgives me for sleeping through our date.

Now I'm eating mango sorbet and watching Everything is Illuminated because I don't clean after 9:00 and I'm 20 minutes into it. It's trying way too hard to be quirky. Elijah Wood's character is especially annoying but what else is new?
Ok, now I'm 33 minutes into it and it's better.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete(Ew, I deleted my original post because it had poor grammar and my OCD would not allow that to stand.)
ReplyDeleteThat is a little abrupt of your father to send you something like that. In a strange, kind of backwards way, it means that he is concerned for your wellbeing. At least he's acknowledging your sexuality? I don't know...
With that said, it's rather odd, especially since you say that these 'letters' he sends you don't seem particularly personal. Hmm. Peculiar indeed! (I am the alliteration queen!)
I like that photo of you. It's very artsy, which I am starting to learn is synonymous with Scotty 'too hotty' anyway!
:-) Both posts came to my e-mail, and the first seemed ok to me.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you're right, I should just consider it concern for my well-being and generally of the good.
Thanks for the photo compliment. I'm trying to learn to be good at that kind of thing.
As your friend, I feel it's important to warn you about this new ailment afflicting the gay community. It's called GRID. Look it up, its way scary.
ReplyDeleteWhatever. NOBODY cool has GRID anymore.
ReplyDelete