Anyone wanna be victimized?? Get your internalized homophobia here, folks! Apparently I've got some problems.
So that MRSA article photo from yesterday was featured on Towleroad today and most people thought it was pretty cool, but a couple people took issue with the caption, which ended "I hate to think this is all he knows about my lifestyle." 'John in Manhattan' writes:
"lifestyle"? TooHotty is clueless.
Yes, of course. How silly of me to choose my own word.
Anyway John in Manhattan learned on the GLAAD website that the phrase "gay lifestyle" is offensive, and despite my explanation that I didn't say "gay lifestyle", but rather "my lifestyle" to mean "the way I live my life", he seems to think I suffer from internalized homophobia.
I love being flamed on the internet, but this one was tame. There was a better one a few months back when an opera website linked to a passing and entirely facetious statement I made about a reviewer being pretentious, and they all got mad at me, again labeling me as this "clueless" typical young shallow gay kid. I get that a lot, which is so weird because my blog is SO TOTALLY FULL OF SUBSTANCE AND INSIGHT!
Anyway, you can read the comment thread if you want. You'll notice my new boyfriend Crispy stood up for me a couple times. That's pretty cool.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to take a shower and tidy my apartment because later I'm going out to beat up some queers.
I came to your site from Towleroad. I think you're pretty awesome (even though you sleep more than I do!). :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shane! You can be my new boyfriend too!
ReplyDeleteAnd do come again.
OMG YOURE FAMOUS!
ReplyDeleteBack off, Shane. He's my pretend boyfriend and he pretend loves only me!
um, back off bagel and shane. hes MY fake boyfriend. not that i could defend his honor - i'm totally a pussy.
ReplyDeletebut, this does explain why you are so mean to me. You totally hate fags, and I'm totally a fag.
omg. NKOTB are on the Today show. I thought they were all dead.
and don't get all self-important now that you are "famous". Just remember, I was mentioned in Managing Library Finance when you were still in diapers.
xo,
Matthew
Bring it, wdl!
ReplyDeleteI'm half lesbian and all southern. I can own you.
(mmm...scott in diapers)
omg towleroad commentors are mostly bitter old queens. I'm surprised they can turn on their computers log on the interbutt.
ReplyDeleteThe interwebs are full of insightful people like that. Internalized homophobia? Yeah, that's got to be it. Why didn't I think of that? Give me a break.
ReplyDeleteI love when people flame and judge others based on what they see online. Because, you know, that's a completely accurate reflection of their lives. I know personally that I appear much cooler online than in real life, where I have the fun level of an eighty-seven year old. Ah, just makes me laugh :)