Like a cooler

I'm wearing this shirt today that I have had for years but have only worn once because I don't know how I feel about it. I got it at Lucky in Chicago.

You're probably wondering why I would pay exorbitant Lucky prices for a shirt on which I am not 100% keen, so I'll take this opportunity to remind you that I'm a spoiled semi-rich kid, and I got the shirt in college when shopping was all done on daddy's credit card.

Whatever, so I've trucked it around through 3 or 4 dorm-switches and apartment moves across 4 states, so I decided I would put it on again today. It's long-sleeved and the weather told me "Wear the cowboy shirt." (It's kind of a cowboy shirt, it has a collar and a sort of rope thing embroidered on it, but it's also a zip-up. It's hard to explain.)

Anyway, I put it on and decided to gauge people's reactions to it to decide whether the Salvation Army needed it more than I do.

So the Russian woman I work with likes it a lot, so that was points in the positive column because she has this odd glamour about her that I think they only make in Moscow. Then, Olga da Polga liked it and told me it was semiotic.

I was like "What the fuck are you talking about, nobody knows what that bullshit word means."

Actually, I just said "huh?" and he explained and I still didn't get it (I mean, I get the word now but it still doesn't make any sense.)

So I'm not sure whether to put a few points in the "Good Shirt" column or a million points in the "Bad Shirt that Only Freako Guinea Pig People Would Wear" column, but you can see why it's so important that I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment