Y'know those days when you're totally not feeling the diligence vibe so work and other important things are not only undesirable, they're impossible? This is today.
All morning I cataloged tango music in Portuguese, and it was boring and I don't even speak Portuguese except I know this one song about a bird and an orange and feet from this capoeira class I took. I'm totally not feeling the diligence vibe.
So I'm sitting at my desk looking for a distraction and the nearest thing is this long article called "The Geometry of Musical Chords" filled with math-heavy music theory all about voice-leading and counterpoint. It's actually really interesting, and my copy is a printout of the stuff you can find here if you're interested. I'm supposed to be cataloging it, but cataloging things people randomly print off the internet is a pain. Anyway, I read this article, but seeing as though I haven't studied theory or done an ounce of math in the past 3 years, it was heady work to get through and understand it (which I do, I'm pretty smart y'know) so now I'm all worn out and really not feeling the diligence vibe.
Furthermore, almost everyone's gone except this one coworker that I had a really strange dream about the other night, and I know it's dumb but I feel awkward and dirty around said coworker now and don't want to talk to this particular coworker, so I'm kinda burying my head and pretending to be busy every time the coworker comes by to chat, which is usually a nice distraction when I'm not feeling the diligence vibe. It makes screwing off hard work to have to be so fake about it.
To conclude, I can't wait to go home where wasting time isn't so stressful and draining.
*UPDATE* P.S. It wasn't a sex dream so don't be all "oooooh, he had a sex dream" because I didn't god you're all so immature.
...please where can I buy a unicorn?
ReplyDelete