This entry sucks, we'll say it's because I was sick

This week I was able to cross something off my list of Things Never To Do In New York.

Basically, right, it's a list of things I never will ever do if my life is at all what I want it to be. And if I accidentally do one, it gets knocked off the list because... well it's too late. So, there's now a big ol' blank space between "pee on the third rail" and "make out with a homeless guy". Why? Because on Wednesday, I totally passed out on the subway. Yes.

It wasn't some drunk thing like half of you are probably thinking. I don't have enough of a life to drink during the week. I was just standing there at 8:30 in the morning on my way to work looking, I might add, super biz cas adorable in a zip-up sweater and shirt from J. Crew, which I never wear.... but I look even cuter today, you should see what I got at Mexx last night.

Wait, what?

Ok, so I was standing there and suddenly BAM nausea, light-headedness! Then we kick it up a notch with a little garlic I mean some stars and suddenly the really sweet young couple sitting near me is helping me into their seat and I was hoping they'd have some Vitamin Water to give me, but instead I had to settle for nothing. It was really freaky because I wasn't thinking of Emeril at the time and who just passes out like that? I didn't know what was wrong with me.

Emeril wasn't really there, but there was a Rachel Ray poster on the wall, and I think that's where the symptoms came from.

So I got myself home and slept for 8 hours.... then I ate Jello and watched Charmed like the doctor would have told me to do and then slept for 8 more hours. The next morning I felt fine but didn't go to work anyway because I had the perfect excuse just to play it safe. I sat around and then went shopping.

I think it was some sort of virus. I hope it was. It had better have been because I feel better and am not doing anything about it except maybe telling my doctor who I am meeting next week for a physical. I hope he's cute and young and gay (I already know he's Jewish) but he's probably not.

Right, so now I've passed out on the subway, which isn't scary and horrible anymore because I feel better. Now it's just embarassing. On top of it all, now I'm out of sick days and I had to cancel my haircut appointment.

This weekend it's gonna rain, so I plan to spend the whole time in my apartment making my list of Things Never To Do In New York even longer so I feel better about myself.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. And Rachel Ray is the devil. I swear. She must be because watching her gives me evil thoughts. Like everytime she laughs, I want to slit her throat. See? The devil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always appreciated having you as an ally on this. People, God knows why, actually seem to like her. It's SO weird.

    ReplyDelete