Harry Potter and the.... oh... really?

So, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The long-awaited title of book 7.

Are you impressed?

Sounds like a witchcraft manual to me. Or a vampire book you're not allowed to read unless you wear crosses and eyeliner to your 8th grade class pictures.

Maybe the problem is the other titles were "Harry Potter and a Person or Thing" and this one sound like "Harry Potter and a Setting", which is pretty much less intriguing than the others. It was fun to try to figure out who the Half-Blood Prince or the Prisoner of Azkaban were... or what the Goblet of Fire did besides dry your throat out when you drank from it. The Deathy Hallows? A place. Perhaps a place of some holy evil

So I dunno. It's fine. A title was a nice Christmas Eve Eve Eve present even though SOMEBODY TOLD IT TO ME before I could GO THROUGH THE DOOR ON JO'S SITE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF. But still, I think some other titles would have gotten me more excited for the release (not like I need it). I thought of some of my own, most of which would provide much better insights into the plot of the seventh book:

  • Harry Potter and the Grisly Death of All of His Adolescent Friends
  • Harry Potter and the Long Overdue Jump in Emotional Maturity
  • Harry Potter and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
  • Harry Potter and the Death of Harry Potter on p. 783
  • Harry Potter and the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Harry Potter and the Explanation of Why People Keep Mentioning His Eyes
  • Hermione Granger and the Welcome Shift in Perspective
  • Harry Potter and the Stuff He Learned After Hours with Oliver Wood
  • Harry Potter and the Dark Side, or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love Voldemort

There are more. It's not too late, Jo. You can use one of my titles if you want. You don't have to pay me or anything, just put a link to my blog in your acknowledgements.


What do you think of the title?
it sucks
it is awesome
i don't care as long as Ron and Hermione hook up
i don't care, stop writing about Harry Potter in your blog, you loser
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

1 comment:

  1. I like title # 8! haha! :p
    yeah, what happened with Oliver Wood??? I know he graduated but comeon! who wouldn't want to keep in touch with a cute guy like him!

    ReplyDelete