Library staff holiday party HEY! They had this catered brunch thing this morning that was nice and a bit incongruous. The plates were cheap catering rentals and they provided no knives, but the cute snowman mugs were from Crate and Barrel and we got to keep them. The orange juice was fresh, but the eggs were from a carton. And I was pleased that they had lox and bagels, a giant step forward for the Jews in this year's brutal War on Christmas.
You remember the War on Christmas. Last year, I wrote a blog entry on it. This year, I won't.
There was an announcement today that we're all getting free travel coffee mugs. For months, we've been getting e-mails about having open drinks at our workstations, and we've all been ignoring them. Especially me. So they're solving the problem with travel mugs.
I just wish someone had told me sooner that the way to get things from people is to do things they hate until they buy you something. I'm now investigating other rules I can break to get free merchandise. But all I can think of is standing in the rain and dripping on my keyboard until they buy me a new umbrella. There's one at the asian museum that was kinda cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment