
I just watched The Hunger as part of my vampire moviefest that's still going on because I am slow and lazy. Anyway it sucked.
David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve are like these vampire things that never get old, but they have to eat someone once a week. Then David Bowie gets this aging disease and starts to decompose all over the place and Catherine's all "Ugh, not in MY Park Ave. townhouse!" so she puts him in a box like she did when this happened to all her other vampire lovers. They're all stacked on the 3rd floor.
You get to see David Bowie's butt, that part was pretty cool. He was sexy when I was 1, but it sucked in this movie when it took him 45 minutes to die.
The imdb plot keywords are goth, psychic, atmospheric, nipple, and nightclub. They use nipple because one of the major themes is lesbians.

After David Bowie decomposes, Catherine falls in love with Susan Sarandon and makes her come over and then they have a sexy scene with Lakme and a luscious lesbian liplock and Susan becomes a vampire in the normal way. In the end, she decides she doesn't like it and stabs herself in the neck and then Catherine's decomposed old lovers come out of their boxes and push her over the banister and she decomposes too the end.

Now I'm watching the commentary for some reason and Susan Sarandon is all "Yeah, the movie seemed pretty neat when I saw the script... but then they changed it all, so.... hmmm... at least it was unique, y'know, I'd rather be part of a unique movie that flops than something that's been done before... I guess... I dunno it was like 15 years ago why are you even watching this?"
Anyway the movie's totally obsessed with itself to the point where it doesn't even know when it's not making any sense. I hate movies that are like "ooooh, look at me, I'm total art" and meanwhile everyone watching is like "What the hell, you're not doing what you think you're doing, let's have more lesbian scenes."

In all it would be better with more lesbian scenes.
um wtf that movie sucks. watch something good like sideways (that movie sucked too, btw - oh isn't wine faaabulous and look at me i NEVER have merlot! if we're having merlot i'm leaving! you bitch! when he lays about the park ave. apartment, he really lays about the park ave. apartment).
ReplyDeletepretentiously yours,
chris
nothing is better with more lesbian scenes.
ReplyDeleteunless it is an extra scene in Rebecca, and Mrs. Danvers gets a few extra minutes on screen.
this is something of which i'd approve. and i hardly approve of anything these days.
xo,
WDL
Ok, tell me I'm not the only gay guy on earth who likes watching beautiful women make out.
ReplyDelete