For the second time, Best Gay Blogs made my site traffic spike. This is both good and bad.
It was because of this little entry. Apparently I'm difficult to categorize. The traffic was good because nobody reads my shitty blog, so traffic spikes give my Feedburner bar graph these little erections.

The traffic was bad because everyone's first impression of me is as the Cat Terrorist. Incidentally, the cat is back. This means I'm not a bad person because actions are only wrong if there are consequences.
Anyway, back to the categorization of my blog. I want to talk about this because it is what I do for a living. I put things in order and assign them categories. I even went to a special school to learn how.
Anyway, I think I am most clearly "Personal blogs" only because "Self-gratifying blogs" isn't on the list. Nor is "Blogs nobody reads because they don't say anything and have no consistent theme or voice," though perhaps "Really mediocre blogs" covers that. I have nightmares of being in that category. Little demons chase me around a minefield yelling "We don't have a firm opinion because you are not worth our consideration!" and they throw little pieces of wet toilet paper at me.
Anyway, you should all go to the site and talk about me. None of you will, but neither will I. Whatever, my blog trancends labels. I am in my own category and none of you are allowed in.
Wow, that really degenerated.
categorize it the same way mine is gay professional
ReplyDeletenot like you are professionally gay - but a gay with an advanced degree in your field that you work in.
mine is also called "humor" and "library science" depending on who tags me.
WDL
Strangely, "library science" is not a category in the Best Gay Blogs database.
ReplyDelete"Gay professional" is neat, but kinda makes me sound like an escort. Those days are over.
I'm letting them deal with it.
P.S. I was kidding, I was never an escort.