
I think I did a bad thing yesterday.
There's the little tiny grocery store around the corner that I go to to pick up milk and juice or cookies and stuff. I call it The Bodega. Anyway, there's always this cat in there sitting by the door watching people. Sometimes it follows you around.
So I recently decided I hate the cat and I hope it gets trapped in the ice cream freezer. I don't know why, I just want to hate it, ok?
So I ran in there yesterday to get a couple things, and that fucking cat was there as usual, and it followed me over to where the ice cream is. No, I didn't put it in the freezer, but the point is, nobody can see you over there, so after I picked an ice cream, the cat was in my way so I kicked it and then made a bag of potato chips fall on it so it would get scared. Then I lunged at it while it was trapped in a corner, and it ran away from me. I continued shopping, and the cat kept running away.
Anyway, after I checked out, I went to leave and the cat was sitting by the door again, and someone was opening the door to come in. When the cat saw me coming, it got scared again and ran away out the door and went around the corner towards my apartment, but when I turned the corner it was gone. I looked but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I didn't know what to do, so I decided to go home and eat my ice cream. Anyway now the cat is probably dead and the people at the bodega are watching their surveillance videos to figure out why it ran off and they're going to know it was my fault because I threw a bag of potato chips at it and I can never shop there again.
But it's not MY fault cats freak out at every dumbass thing people do to them! Geez, take a joke.
don't worry, maybe the cat has GPS homing device implanted in its head~ with such advance technology, it'll be home in no time~ :p
ReplyDeleteYou probably shouldn't worry, I think the cat is probably smarter than that. Unless he was a dumb cats. Some cats are dumb.
ReplyDeleteYou hate the cat because he doesn't tell the guy at the Bodega counter jokes like I do. I should take that cat's place standing at the door and then everyone would be happy.
ReplyDeletehaw-rrible. haw-rrible (read with my NY accent).
ReplyDeletei want you to stand in the alley and scream "CAT, CAT" Audrey Hepburn, ala Breakfast at Tiffanys style for 20 minutes everyday after work until you see that cat again.
And when you find it, make it a little helmet out of a lime.
xo,
WDL
Thank you all for your suggestions, but the cat has returned. I didn't have to tell any jokes, and I didn't have to do the Audrey Hepburn thing. I have a feeling both would lead to me getting my ass kicked anyway.
ReplyDelete