So I have this new project. And by "project" I mean "excuse to sit on my ass in front of the TV." I needed it because I just finished the last season of Smallville. This project is called Vampire Moviefest 2007, and it is off to a good start.
In case you are stupid, I will explain it. The idea is that I watch a bunch of vampire movies. Whether or not I will follow up by putting you all to sleep with vampire blog entries is still up in the air, but I'm leaning heavily towards no, so don't worry.
The reasons for this project are three: 1) I already told you, it's so I have something to watch instead of starting Charmed over for the hundredth time, 2) Vampires are pretty awesome, and if you were a vampire, you'd have a much better chance in dating me, also 3) I don't know anything about anything, so I figure knowing a lot about vampire movies will help me out at a party some day.

So I joined Netflix and queued up a bunch of movies (chonologically, of course, because I'm a librarian). Tuesday I watched Nosferatu. It was funny. I liked the part when the shadow creeped up the stairs because it looked like a paper cut-out on a stick and reminded me of the "Grr, argh!" monster on the Mutant Enemy logo. It was also a pretty fantastic movie except for when it got really slow and pointless during the boat trip scene.
Wednesday, I watched Dracula, which redefined awesome. My dad was always a big Bela Lugosi fan, and I never understood why except that they kinda look alike. But there's a reason it's a classic, and that reason is Fierceness.
I usually reserve the word 'fierce' for women, but Bela Lugosi gets to wear it on his nametag too. Don't fuck with him. He'll knock down your house.
Anyway, now I'm waiting patiently for Vampyr and Mark of the Vampire, but I'm afraid that once I get out of the 20's and 30's, I'm going to stop liking the movies. This is, of course, with the exception of Blacula, which I expect to watch 15 times in a row.
Oh, also, there's room on my couch for one more (and only one more.) So if you want to watch a vampire movie with me, let me know! Bram Stoker's Dracula is already booked.
P.S. Really, I'm serious. I don't care if we've met before, that's how lame I am. But keep in mind that my Virgo-librarian OCD really likes the chronological order idea. So to get me out of that, you have to be either really persuasive or exceptionally attractive.
Ha! My OCD's name is better than yours! cos it's Libra-Librarian, or just Libra-rian! :p
ReplyDelete