So, we have a long weekend coming up. Did you guys know? President's Day or something. I'm sure we'll all be at home observing this important holiday. Since I had no warning about this lamest (but still welcome) excuse for a day off ever, I have no exciting plans this weekend. I coulda goed somewhere like Boston or Texas or sunny Indiana, but now it's too late. I have friends in those places, that's why.
Wanna know another holiday that just sorta showed up? Valentine's Day. Did you notice that one? It's tomorrow, right, and I'm usually so on the ball with it with the preparing and collecting strangers to use as valentines in the inevitable Absence of Boyfriend that I always experience. Then I go to a party or out drinking and eat all this candy my mom sent me. (I don't hate Valentine's Day, see, it's my favorite.) But this year, yeah... no valentines, no candy (it's coming late this year), no parties. Luckily, I accidentally made plans to go to the opera tomorrow, so I'm pretending it's my gift to myself on this special holiday. The opera's called Jenůfa, and it's about infanticide, which isn't really Valentinsy unless you pretend the little circle above the 'u' is actually a heart. Then it makes sense.

I think I'll wear my gay pink scarf tomorrow and draw little hearts on everything I catalog. Either that or call in sick and hide from the cold. My apartment is toasty (meaning warm and full of crumbs.) Too toasty. Last night I was sitting around in my underwear until I couldn't stand it anymore and turned on my air conditioning.
God, none of this is making coherent sense. I can hardly put a sentence together. I think my brain needs a holiday, which I suppose it's getting tomorrow and Monday. I hope I'm not getting sick. Don't cough on me.
Anyway, back to what this blog entry was supposed to be about when I originally conceived it: Please be my valentine. This post from last year details the requirements. You may notice that the entry has no comments, so judge me accordingly.
Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you feel better! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your HP book countdown counter!!!
Heh... I know the feeling. Even when i was in a relationship I didn't like this day.
ReplyDeleteHow about: Happy After-Valentines Day!
Truly a day worth celebrating.
Yeah, I don't actually hate Valentine's Day. I didn't mean to make it sound like that, but right, my brain, as I say, was broken.
ReplyDeleteI ended up having a really nice time yesterday.
It is what you make it. Sometimes I like to stay in and combat my bitterness with sweets, but if you do it right, you can even make bitterness fun.