
Seriously, let's talk about this. This is Sarah Michelle Gellar before some Oscar's afterparty. Any of you who know me are aware that I'm this huge Buffy fan and that none of the cast can ever go wrong by me (except that no amount of money would ever be enough to make me see The Grudge 2.) And if you Photoshop out her dress and cheeks, Sarah's skin and hair look fantastic. But come on.
First of all, unless you live in a mudpit, the color burlap has been out of style for 500 years and is never coming back. I'm not sure how this works, but the dress actually clashes with the adorable gold clutch and those 10,000 fortune-teller bracelets. I don't quite understand the earrings, but I like them even if they make no sense. My guess is she forgot to take them off when she changed out of her 60's go-go-themed outfit she was possibly wearing earlier.
And darling, we know you're short, but we'd still like to be able to locate either your hips or breasts. Good dresses have one or the other, if not both. And don't make any excuses about comfort because those shoes prove that it is not a priority (but they're very cute if also inexplicable.)
It's weird, it looks like every part of her is trying to wear a different outfit, and the torso was trying to put on something "neutral" to bring together the various attractive but disparate choices of the rebel limbs and head. Either that or the outfit was picked by a clairvoyant monkey.

But then Crazy Claudette the Cosmetics Cadet came along and said "YOUR BLUSH MUST MATCH YOUR EARRINGS WHERE IS YOUR ORANGE BLUSH???" Now sometimes makeup can match an accessory, but if that accessory is the color Livid Orange, it might be best to have your make-up match your face. I know I'm nitpicking here, but that's the way of it.
I dunno, I'm just disappointed. What the point of having awesome hair and glowing skin if you're just going to ruin it with a Black and Tan that's far from intoxicating?
I have to agree about the blush. WTF? But I love the dress. I think it's adorable. Does that make me a bad person?
ReplyDeleteYes.
ReplyDeleteWell ok, no. The fact that your profile picture is Clem give you a free pass.
But watch your step.
I don't know who you are, but I have been using the name, Bobo Bonobo since the mid-1990s. I have to say that I agree with you about two things, SMG's outright deliciousness, and that Bridge to Terabithia is a great book, and the fact that a guy openly writes about crying about it is cool. I certainly had the name first-- https://myspace.com/thebonobos
ReplyDeleteI'm not asking you to quit using it, but there should be no confusion as to which of us is which of us is which. http://alt.teens.narkive.com/bsqrUts8/the-bonobos-7 This is my wife, wearing my jacket-- http://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/3665619753/ Obviously, you have been using the name far too long to ask that you stop, but I am the original Bobo Bonobo.
I think I even like you, though I'm a bit envious, as you're young, and seemingly bi/queer, whereas I'm older and sadly quite hetero, though in the most sex-positive way. I can't help it. Exchanging body fluids with a male icks me, and that's not going to change.