Rimshot

This is old news by now, I know, but I just found out today, so you have to deal with it. The article is kinda long, so to sum it up, ex-NBA star John Amaechi came out as gay. It's pretty cool, y'know. If you read the whole article, people have had different things to say about it--some good, some idiotic. It's all to be expected. My favorite is always "As long as he doesn't come onto me, I'm ok with it." Right, thanks for the warning. I'm sure he was planning to get you drunk and seduce you because you're so irresistable you manly hunk of man hunk.

Lots of heterosexual men use that as a really lame attempt at sounding PC, but what it really means is "I'm ok with it as long as he doesn't come onto me, talk about other men, look at other men when I'm around, or act in any way that would suggest he is actively gay rather than just taking the label." It's crap, it's avoidance, and honestly, when you say that, people still think you're an asshole. And that's why I like people like Tim Hardaway.

Hardaway made this big ol' honkin' statement on the radio about how he hates gay people and would never want one on his team and thinks the world would be better off without them. Thank you, Tim, you sack of shit! You're an idiot! And I'm not the only one who thinks so. But y'know what? I'm glad you spoke up. Really really.

See, I like my biggoted assholes like I like my child molesters: exposed. Like when Michael Richards made that comment a while back, I was glad to hear it. He, like Tim Hardaway, spewed out some ridiculous apology afterwards. Know why? Because he had to cover his own ass. You can't go around saying stuff like that, and they know it. It doesn't to them any good to mouth off, they take a hit for it, their apologies mean nothing, and we know to stay away from them in the future. I bet you won't see Tim Hardaway on any Wheaties boxes anytime soon.

I'm not saying everyone should just speak up and start lynching the minorities (they'd have to do me twice), but when people hide racism and homophobia away in their rhetoric, avoidance, and "as long as he doesn't come onto me" bullshit, they're able to dispense their agendas in other ways. It's scary to think about how many times we've accidentally voted these dipshits into office. Let it all out so we can cast you aside and ignore you. It's happening more and more--outspoken jerks getting discredited. I'm sick of people being polite to save their reputation or career. Although, that makes me think that "biggoted asshole" might be becoming a bigger stain than "gay" used to be. Think we'd ever start preventing them from getting married?

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I'd rather hear the nasty views of people, in all it's ugly glory, specifically so it's revealed for all to see. Then it can be attacked on its face: ridiculed and scorned.

    ReplyDelete