On the corner today, some guy embarassed himself by thinking I was famous. It was weird, he was just standing there next to me waiting for a light to change when he suddenly sprung into action like somebody unpaused the DVD of his life and he said "Hey, were you in Dodgeball??? Wait... wow, you look just like that dude in Dodgeball!"
He clearly did not know what to say next, so I took the Lame Baton and said "Yeah? Cool, I've never seen that movie." That was a lie, but it was easier than saying "I saw that movie 2 years ago and don't remember it and anyway, you're probably wrong." At this point we were crossing the street together and had to keep talking, so he said "Well you could be his stand-in or something", which is pretty much the stupidest thing he could have said. I couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny, but I decided that if I pretended to laugh and he wasn't joking, I'd look stupid whereas if I didn't pretend to laugh and he was joking, he'd look stupid. So I didn't laugh and let him be the one to look dumb as punishment for being awkward.
We got to the corner, and we were clearly both going in the same direction, but he did the thing where you pretend you're going the other way just to escape a horrid situation, so he turned left. I don't remember if we said goodbye.
As soon as I got back to work I looked up Dodgeball to see who he was talking about. It would seem there are two possibilities, so I am going to leave it up to you to figure out which one he thinks I look like. It's either:
Justin Long
or Joel Moore
neither of whom is very attractive, but I'm trying not to take it personally, especially since it's still a step up from Marilyn Manson.
I don't think I look especially like either, but they both have long faces and prominent noses, so they're the candidates. So let me know which you think it is because I can't decide. He's the most recent picture of me for reference:
Hmmm... My first thought was Justin, but not really. I think maybe if you scruffed up (or he shaved) you might look a little like Joel. I'm thinking you have more going for you then them, anyway.
ReplyDeleteHave you considered the guy might have been on crack and would have said the same thing to a short old asian lady?
You look like neither. but then again I'll vote for Justin Long no matter if you don't look like him at all~ He's the Mac guy in all the Apple Mac commericals!!! He uses Mac, and he's a bit of a geek. O I am so voting for him!! :p
ReplyDeleteA_A = Haha, when I abbreviate your name it's like one of those Japanese smiley panda bullshit things. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I can't scruff up... it's totally impossible. I can got days without shaving, and I just look a little dirty.
ReplyDeleteHal - Thank you for that non sequitur and entirely irrelevant post in response to me questionaire. See me after class.
U knew this would happen if you mention anything or anyone related to Mac! my mind went into a flowery world!! :p
ReplyDelete