
When I'm stressed and feeling crappy, I take very little pleasure in things. First to go is my sex drive followed by my desire to do quiet things I usually enjoy like write in my blog and read. What I prefer is loud, mindless things like movies and dancing. I tend to surround myself with people, but in a strangely artificial way in which I'm with them but not really there. Also, my shoulders get real tense so that even my nifty back massager machine isn't enough, but I can't ask anybody I know for a massage because it's weirdly sexual and, as you know, my sex drive if by then diminished so I don't want the pressure. (I don't know any girls.)
This weekend I saw The Ex in the theatres as well as The Incredibles, The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 8th Dimension, and Grey Gardens through Netflix. And Sunday I spent about 7 billion hours listening to specific tracks in iTunes (loudly) to get good recommendations from my new Last.fm account (be my friend.)
But I'm getting myself out of it, which I have this ability to do. I'm doing good. My shoulders are still tense, but I'm a bunch happier and I finally finished the second half of Peter Pan last night. It's not like I can make problems float away by magic ("it's leviOsa, not leviosA"), but I find that turning my mood around is the best way to start approaching them to fix. Treat the symptoms, not the disease... bad in medicine, best in frustration management.
Anyway I'm back and I'm not going to be whiny anymore and my best coworker and I got a free pineapple from the cafeteria downstairs that they were just gonna throw away because it wasn't ripe yet and the manager is from a Scott Adams comic and would rather throw it out and waste it than wait for 2 days and use it. So we put it in two paper bags and it's hiding in my desk until Pineapple Wednesday when we will cut it up and make the library materials all sticky COME JOIN THE PARTY!!!!!
P.S. My belated review of Spiderman 3 is that it sucks and I'm mad I had to see it two times because I accidentally double-booked myself and couldn't cancel because both people had already booked tickets. It was funnier the second time because I knew it would suck and I acted obnoxious and the girl two seats down from me was all "Kirsten Dunst looks like shit in this scene" and we became best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment