Warning, the Internet's not private PEOPLE ARE READING WHAT YOU SAY!!!

I wasn't going to tell anybody this until after my vacation (oh, I'm going on vacation Thursday-Tuesday, don't expect to hear much from me)... anyway, I wasn't going to say anything yet, but something happened and now I want to. So I started a new blog. It's not original or good or anything, it's just about the books I read and stuff. I did it because I have met some neat people lately who share the same taste as I do, and I thought it'd be fun to have a place of my own to talk about that stuff where it wouldn't be interrupted with talk about my night at the bar or pictures of my fat butt.

The site is called Booky Ooky and I called it that because my cat told me to. Anyway, the reason I am bringing it up is because I wrote up a little review of this book I read over the weekend and didn't really like. It was fast and off-the-cuff like everything I ever do, and so I posted it and forgot about it until two hours later when I got my first comment. I was so excited because nobody knew about my new blog, so I was amazed someone stumbled upon a review I had written two hours earlier.

Well it turns out the comment was from the AUTHOR of the book I had just sorta trashed. So clearly he is obsessed with reading what people say about his work and is also Nancy Drew.

His comment makes me like him a lot. I dunno why. I just like him. But as I was just telling a friend in an e-mail, I feel really weird and bad and awkward because my lame, half-assed opinion of a book that I wrote about in my shitty blog actually reached the author of said book, which is not something I ever thought would happen unless I met J.K. Rowling on the street and freaked out with praise and adulation before I fainted on her. It's very bizarre.

But the good part is that my very first comment was from a semi-famous author (who's name and book I am not saying here because I am hiding from him) and how many people can say that, y'know?

Anyway, go check out the blog if you want. It's way under construction. My CSS skillz suck major, and I don't know dick one about PHP/MySQL, so Wordpress is still very daunting. And there's no blogroll yet, so don't get offended that you're not on it.

7 comments:

  1. He may have found your review because you linked back to his home page, and his log files report the referring URL. Probably if you tested the link, then you register as a hit on his home page referred by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're probably right. Maybe he follows his site statistics as obsessively as I do. I knew it was somehow my fault.

    Why'd you comment anonymously? Are you him? DID YOU FIND ME????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not him. I found you from the ORG. And I posted anonymously... i don't know, just because. I feel like hiding today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you're doing a good job. Very discreet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New site looks good. If you don't see it appear in my blogroll at some point remind me to link. I'm a bit of a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Thanky, ma'am! I promise to hound you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the new site! :)

    Also - LOL.

    ReplyDelete