Checkin' the Chicken

I use seamlessweb.com every time I order in food for delivery. It's way easier to place an order without being put on hold and deciphering broken English just to have them misunderstand me and bring me something I'm allergic to or that has mushrooms in it.

The site's great, and usually fairly accurate to a restaurant's print or in-house menus. The following, however, threw me:

chicken

We're all catching the fact that a whole chicken costs LESS than a half a chicken, right? I mean... right?

What's especially frustrating about this is that I don't want a whole chicken. I could never eat the entire thing, and besides, I like my chicken like I hate my men: dark, fatty, and wet. It's skinny, dry, pale boys for me, and therefore, I wouldn't eat the white meat part.

Plus, I'm afraid it might be a typo, so I got my usual from this place instead of risking the whole chicken and being charged twice as much.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, that's ridiculous. They're probably just trying to mess with you or something. Maybe like, "yeah just try to eat our whole rotisserie chicken you cow" and then there's the public humiliation bit if you order it alone and people look out of the corner of their eyes with menus standing erect (*giggle*) in front of them and think rude, judgmental thoughts. Maybe that's what they were thinking. Although it's highly unlikely. I think of these things a lot, which is one the effects of being obsessive compulsive :)

    Oh yeah, I concur with you. I love skinny, dry, pale boys :( Just not the gay ones or the homeless ones, because that never works out for me for some reason.

    I really wanted to use the word 'asshat' in this comment, but it didn't fit in anywhere. Asshat (that wasn't directed at you). Okay, I think I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the whole one is a live chicken? It's cheaper if you choke it yourself.

    (asshat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bagel: I'm fairly certain your comment was much too funny for this early in the morning. Holy shit, it says you posted yours at 5:35 am. There better be an excuse, or time zones, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that IS early. Bad dream?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Havoc,

    Thanks, love. Sleep is for those whose insane mommies didn't give them a stocking full of her old meds.

    ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, I posted my original comment at almost 2! Fantastic!

    Aw, I would like some meds at the moment. I'm sure my mom has some fantastic ones. I wanna be sedated. Only not like the song.

    ReplyDelete