From Chaka Khan discussing her upcoming role as Sofia in Broadway's The Color Purple:

Q. Religion is important in “The Color Purple.” Are you a Scientologist?

A. I’m not, never was, never will be. I belong to the religion of the Church of Chaka Khan, and I practice it every day.

6 comments:

  1. BrainyQuote has a page of CK quotes, but only quotes in the sense that they're things she prolly said. Like, randomly chosen sentences.

    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/chaka_khan.html

    This one is good tho:
    "Walking through this life really is walking through fire."

    Then, what do you call walking through fire? Double fire-walking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as you get older you realize there are fire extinguishers. You do have an ability to control the flames.

    Duh Bagel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take that damn harry potter counter down before i scream.

    xo,
    Wdl

    ReplyDelete
  4. you moved it UP, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! No, it's always been there.

    ReplyDelete