She Ain't What She Used To Be

I went to the salon today. Got my hair trimmed.

For a few days I've been toying with the idea of ceasing to dye my hair. I haven't had it natural in a while. Well that went all to shit when Agnes told me I'm fucking GREYING!!!

Greying!

Fabulous. Fucking fabulous. She said I have a lot more grey hair on the sides than I did last time I was in. I have some pretty significant roots, that's how she can tell.

Stupid asshole adoption agency couldn't let me know I'd be getting grey hair at 25!! ENOUGH GREY HAIR, IN FACT, THAT MY STYLIST COULD TELL THROUGH A DYE JOB!

Well sure enough I went home and looked and found them and was ready to die. So that's it for me. I might as well get fat and develop some sort of Delta Burke OCD packrat disorder. I have plenty of time to slip into senility now that I won't need to bother having sex or a social life for the next 25 years until everyone I know starts catching up to me in the aging process.

If you need me, I'm checking into the fogie home. I'll be sure to hold up a sign so you can tell me apart from all the other withering inmates because God knows there's no further way to tell us apart.

4 comments:

  1. My mother was said she started greying immediatly after I was born, and blamed me. She bitched about it monthly for the first 24 years of my life.
    Then bam! When I turned 24 (same age she was when I was born), I started getting greys at my temples. See, mom! It wasn't my fault! It's genetic! Please stop hating me now, ok?

    Are your grey hairs really grey, or white? Mine are white and I love them -- they're like free highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. many people has grey hair young, that's why coloring hair product and hats were invented~ :p
    No one will notice, and you are still pretty~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I noticed you were looking real ancient at my party.

    Honestly, you kids, sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bagel -- Mine look white, which is a plus. Maybe my hair'll go straight white and not get all kinky and yucky and then I'll be like Storm.

    Hal -- When hair greys, as I just said, it goes all weird and wiry. And still, i don't want to dye all my life.

    David -- Thanks for being honest! I knew I was withering away! GAH! :-)

    ReplyDelete