
Fröhlicher Mittsommer, dudes!
I did it. Last night I applied for two jobs that I am excited about. I'm not telling you what they are because if I do they will have a mummy's curse and I will never get them. They're my two favorite jobs I've applied for, and I think I could really lend a lot to both of them. Sadly, I can't prove that to them with a cover letter because anyone can talk about how great they are, and that doesn't make it true.
Cover letters are such crap. The only thing you can really learn from them is how good your applicant is at using misleading language to self-promote. It's like setting the stage for unethical business practice before the guy even walks through the door. No wonder rich assholes are such assholes.
In other news--and yes I know you're tired of hearing this--I joined another website. This one is Yelp. It's super fun. It's full of people writing reviews and talking about events in the community. Here's my profile. I've written one restaurant review of my favorite German place, and I also asked the message board about where to get a good Chicago style hot dog, and Lisa C. totally came through so we love her. Go join Yelp and be my friend and click all the buttons that indicate how awesome my review(s) is/are. Also feel free to "Send me a compliment." K, thanks.
Poll: Ashton's outfit. Yes or no?
I say yes. Reply in the comments.
I have a big mouth whenever it come to news about myself, all my friends would immediately know what's going on...maybe I jinx all my job applications too cos I tell all my friends about it before there's a chance I will ever get the job~ so I am not gonna tell you what happened today until it become something~
ReplyDeleteI read Yelp for restaurant reviews too! You better not write something bad to my favorite restaurants that i brought you to~ :p
Ashton's outfit: from that limited angle - I'll say yes, unless whatever that's hanging in front of his black shirt is something totally ugly in another angle~