Look At You

My Man Max

Nancy Drew is a forgettable movie. So forgettable that I forgot to tell you I saw it on Sunday. It kinda sucks in a lot of ways, and if it weren't for that corny 12-year-old fat kid and my total emotional control allowing me to accept that it sucked and making it fun, I wouldn't have survived. Also, I'm a perv and thought the guy playing Ned was totally cute. Though it would seem he's 19, so I'm at least not breaking any laws.

Oh my God, I just noticed he's in Jumper, which is based on this super-good sci-fi book about a kid who teleports. Hm, so is AnnaSophia Robb... I guess I'm seeing that despite Hayden Christensen who ruined himself by being in Star Wars.

Anyway, back to Nancy Drew. The best part was Nancy's little outfits. She looked like this perfect little Park Avenue librarian, and it was kinda neat how she was practically perfect in every way. During the suckier parts of the movie, I would sit there and pretend to be her, except I was way more creative with how I used my powers. First of all, I used my giant brains and seamstress abilities to start my own fashion empire. I also used my skinny-like-the-Friends-ness and cute hair to be a supermodel. Then I used those two assets again to stop Ned from being such a prat so he'd teenage seduce me already. Sadly, none of my scenarios involved solving crimes or helping people. But who has time for that when you're a hot billionaire? I'll get my maid to do it.

I'm pretty sure Nancy Drew wasn't created to inspire shallowness in people, but I manage to find a way with anything. Anyway, don't bother seeing the movie unless you really need to.

Ok, so as it happens, I'm in a better frame of mind than I was. It's because I got a lot done yesterday regarding job hunting, resume-making, and the like. Also, today was Clean Towels Day. I found some jobs, made a not-for-libraries resume, and got a general good feeling about the whole process. I've got this brand new "I Can" attitude to replace my previous "It's So Big And I'm So Small" attitude. We'll see how long it lasts. I am going to send out 6 applications this evening, but I might end up just sitting there and watching Xanadu, thereby allowing the dread to return.

4 comments:

  1. are you sure?? that guy looks like he's 12~ :p I didn't know you have such a "diverse" taste regarding men/boys/kids........ lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sort of disappointed it sucked, I really wanted to see this.

    In the mean while, check out this, it links to the other 1939 versions of the Nancy Drew mysteries. I just watched 3 of them the other night...they star Bonita Granville (who later went on to produce the Lassie series). I totally love these old Hollywood gems. They aren't fantastic classic Casablanca films, but a real portrait of a naughty 1930's girl...

    I'm still going to see the new ND.

    xo,
    WDL

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAL - Shut up. KIDS. Whatever.

    WDL - This is why I love you. You always come through with awesome things to check out. Sadly, my library doesn't seem to have them, but I found some on Netflix. If I like them, maybe I'll start reading the book series a little.... since I never have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont listen! This is one of my fave movies and it was awesome! and i read the books to. and btw nancy is not a billionare. m! but she does have a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete