One of those undirected ones

Remember that time a few weeks ago when I said I was gonna read The Da Vinci Code? Well I read it over the next couple of days, and it was pretty useless. I forgot to mention it. I know how much you were all holding your breaths waiting to hear what I thought because I am the final voice in literature and movie reviews. But that's all I've got to say: "It was pretty useless." So I'm not going to waste more time on it.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to write about except that I've had New York City Boy in my head for the past 4 days, an energizing if cloyingly repetitive reminder that I've got a ton of shit to get done before this weekend when I move and that I should stop wasting my afternoons reading, getting coffee, and playing The Sims.

As to those things, I'm halfway through Ryu Murakami's 69 (kind of a poor man's Catcher in the Rye but still pretty good), I enjoy the Seattle's Best that opened up in my local Borders better than the non-Starbucks that was there before (get the girl to make you a vanilla latte), and half my pregnant lesbian couple just died in a fire that I couldn't stop because the floor in front of the phone was burning (her life partner cried as she swept up the ashes.)

That's pretty much my life. I realized earlier that I never share too much about it on here. That's why: I read books, drink coffee, and play video games. So I'm coming out now and admitting to the world what a giant loser I am. But this will change if I can just get off my ass and pack the rest of my life up. Cause I'm a New York City Boy... Christ, here goes the song again.

No comments:

Post a Comment