Greetings, gentle readers! Come, sit and attend to another superficial movie review that will not help you determine the merits of the film but should provide a welcome distraction from your dull work day and all those other boring shitty blogs.
This week's selection is Transamerica, a heartwarming (and at times pantswarming) tale of a male-to-female transsexual who flies across the country after finding out she fathered a son during a college fling. The resulting road trip back finds the two bonding and blah blah blah, go read a summary somewhere else.
Ok, first off, Felicity Huffman was unbelievable in this role. Before seeing the movie, I couldn't think why they wouldn't get a man or an actual transsexual to play the part, but now I don't care because Felicity was better. It's too bad the Oscar for having a funny voice went to Philip Seymour Hoffman (though he deserved it too, ok?) because as big a fan as I am of Reese Whitherspoon and as amazing as she was in Walk the Line, Ms. Huffman deserved that award.
It should also have won Best Make-Up because they made her look really ugly!
Also, they need a new Oscar category: Hottest Child-turned-20-something Actor who Gets Naked On Screen and Plays a Gay Character. They need that category and every year, they need to give it to Kevin Zegers because I want him to play the same character for the rest of his life, and I want him to be praised. He's totally hot, I can't even handle it. Unfortunately, a Google image search doesn't have any naked pics, so you're just gonna have to go see the movie over and over again. You get to see his wang.
So ok, but the movie was really good regardless. I laughed, I cried, I drooled all over my therapist... so go see it.
SEE Felicity Huffman's fake penis! HEAR the painful-to-listen-to faux voice Ms. Huffman created! LAUGH as Fionnula Flanagan is way too tan and hilarious and steals the show!
Transamerica!
No comments:
Post a Comment