Success breeds success

Rock on, friends. Rock on. I got the apartment. I'm moving to New York. It's officially official, and I'm beyond excited. I will be living on the Upper East Side on 79th and York.

My excitement may be hard to gauge due to the utter lack of exclamation points in the previous paragraph, but I assure you that is only because I have eaten too many cookies today so my stomach hurts. Also, I just noticed that I have a cavity. Luckily, it seems there is a dentist on York between 76th and 77th, so I can walk there and stop at Starbucks when I go to get my filling.

Anyway, that's all I really had to say: that I'm moving to New York, and you're not. I'm thrilled that this worked out, the application process was a total bitch. It's only thanks to my parents that this is happening, so a huge shout out to them. Anyone wanna buy a crappy couch?

The place is a little studio with a tiny kitchen. There's this weirdo wall that sections off the place a little, so it gives the illusion of rooms! (There's an exclamation point.) So I'm going to have a bedroom, a foyer with a chandelier imported from France, a library (actually a converted smoking parlor), a ballroom cum entertainment complex, and a menagerie (the end of the hallway to the bathroom where there will be a hanging plant and the litter box.) For those 3rd graders in my audience: Hee hee, I said "cum entertainment".

In addition, I'm close to everything! It's a jaunty stroll to the laundromat and grocery store (and a flower shop, I guess, I don't know why my mom needed to tell me that.) It's a slightly less jaunty stroll to the subway... more of a leisurely walk. And it's sort of a lugubrious trek to Central Park, but it's still close enough that I can go every Sunday and walk around and read in the sun. I am well pleased.

You are all required to visit me and bring one (1) housewarming gift. I dislike white wine. If you cannot visit, you are instead required to tell me about two (2) places you know about in the City: restaurants, clubs, cafes, performance spaces, anything. For those of you that actually live in NYC, the requirements are more rigid, and I will discuss them with you on an individual basis.

That is all. You may now shower me with kudos and well-wishes as I enter this new super-hip stage in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment