I was standing on the platform today waiting for the subway when I realized something I haven't had occasion to think.... ever. I was part of an in crowd!
Ok, maybe "realize" is the wrong word and I should be saying "made up something I haven't had occasion to think because it's really not true" but go away. Anyway, I realized that my car is the most attractive subway car on the 6 line.
Ok, it started because for the second time in a row, someone I saw by my apartment and thought "She is fashionable" ended up 10 minutes later near where I always wait for the train, on the far south end of the platform. I noticed this particular woman because she had one of those scarves that's made of a bunch of fuzzy balls all strung together like a necklace of slaughtered tribbles. I like those.
Anyway, I noticed how there are always attractive people around me during my morning commute because we are the South Car Popular Clique! It's just like high school again, only I'm not in the band. There was even this Asian nerd who tried to be part of us and even push on before this pretty girl but everyone was all "Uh-UH, not EVEN" and he got shoved into a corner to play with his electronics.
So, on the train I naturally had someone to look at: a brooding, punk rock boy with dark hair and a hoodie. He was a welcome addition to the group, if not your typical UES fare, but he soon sat down out of my line of sight, so I had to start daydreaming about my REAL south car lust object, the Boy in the Camel Coat.
The Boy in the Camel Coat is a Type B professional (my favorite, btw) with perfect skin, large features, and thick, dark hair. He always looks really put together, and he keeps to himself. I know everyone on the subway keeps to themselves, but he has a quality of more to-himselfness that I like. He is shy, and I can't tell if he likes girls or boys, but it is probably girls. I look at him a lot because he appeals to me on many levels.
I'm seeing somebody right now (The Architect; more on that and a better blog-nickname later) and one morning last week or the week before he slept over and we went to the subway together and I dragged him all the way down to the south car because I refuse to ride any other and the Boy in the Camel Coat was there and I was ripped in half by having to split my attention! Obvs I like my boy on MORE levels than the Boy in the Camel Coat, but they are different levels and I didn't want the Boy in the Camel Coat to think I didn't love him anymore because my love will never die and also I wanted to tell The Architect to look at the Boy in the Camel Coat so we could enjoy him together, but I couldn't do that without the Boy in the Camel Coat hearing me so it was the WORST!
Every now and then I want to follow the Boy in the Camel Coat when he transfers to the 4/5 at Grand Central, but I have been told that is weird and counts as stalking. I'm pretty sure taking a picture of him on the train would be weird too, so I'm too scared to do it, but if I ever get up the courage, I'll be sure to show you all. For now, I'll keep this entry unadorned in honor of his ellusive appeal.
Yeah, definitely do not take a picture of him on the train. A guy "discreetly" took a picture of me on the train here in Chicago awhile back--there's only so sneaky one can be with a camera phone. Anyway, I was pretty creeped out for some time after that. Especially when I randomly saw him in a grocery store a week or so later, with what appeared to be his girlfriend/wife.
ReplyDeleteIck.
I feel really bad for the Asian, but only if he was one of those tall, hot nerds. Otherwise that's hilarious. No, I'm not shallow at all, why do you ask?
ReplyDeleteCamel Coat (for some reason I kept reading Camel GOAT and now it looks weird) sounds like a sexy catch. I understand your stalking predicament, but you should just do it anyway. I wouldn't take a picture of him either. That's just scary in my opinion. Hmm...
... large features, you say? That could be (and will be) misconstrued into something else, right now.
You should have done the high school girl routine and been really flirty with the Architect to see if Camel Coat noticed. Jealousy is hot. Then you could be in the middle of this south subway car love triangle and a crazy fist fight would break out between them and people would be screaming for the subway to stop and you'd be torn over who to root for. It would be fabulous.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my overactive imagination out for a beating.
Oh, and since you get to name your celebrity hard-ons who are usually straight, I get to name my hard-on for a gay celebrity today:
Owen Pallett -- http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ashcanrantings/ff.jpg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0O_yyEA72HE
An adorable, skinny boy (who actually looks a bit like you, I think) + violin + singing Mariah Carey+ makes funny faces while doing both = instant win.
What the fuck, do any of my comments make sense at all?
j diddy -- Oooh, good story. Nobody's ever taken a picture of me discreetly, though, so now I feel ugly thanks. Who are you?
ReplyDeleteM'chelle -- Large features means a big face is all. I know nothing. Don't feel bad for the Asian. If he were hot nerd type, we'd have accepted him. Additionally, Owen Pallett is DREAMY but I haven't had a chance to click that video yet so I'm excited to do so. Your comments make sense and I like them. Keep it up.
hmmm. In Chicago, I'm the boy in the camel coat (and designer scarf and sunglasses). Only I hate public transportation - so I drive everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI have a fear of all the pretty people in one car. What if there was an accident? That's like all the eggs in one basket....I like to ride in a train car with lots of old people. I feel safer.
and as long as you are just getting hungry....make sure you eat at home. Frank Lloyd Mr. Right is definately a catch.
xo,
WDL
HEE HEE. Frank Lloyd Mr. Right. FLMR. Maybe I'll make his blog nickname Flamer.
ReplyDeleteThere won't be an accident. Gee Dash Waddle Dee doesn't play like that. He worked hard to make us all pretty. You don't just do that.
Too Hotty: Okay I don't feel bad for the Asian now. Thanks for reassuring me :) Totally was losing sleep over it. Then again, I've always trusted your judgement (read: when our friendship and alliance was sealed after I discovered the best review ever at goodreads. I checked back a couple of weeks ago and why the fuck do we seem to be in the minority with that book? The Looking Glass Wars is the worst book ever. What tripe.)
ReplyDeleteIsn't Owen adorable? And his music is fabulous (many of his songs are based on the D&D School of Magic books, Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy, which is one of the nerdiest things I've ever heard but I love it and can relate to them so that's all that matters. One of his songs, called "He Poos Clouds" (LOL) is totally about being in love with digital characters because they're perfect *cough Ike cough Pit cough*. That one is more specifically about Legend of Zelda, so I think he's got a thing for Link. I TOLD YOU Link is a sexy beast and had it going on).
When you watch that video let me know and we can ramble about how cute he is. Fuck me sideways for not being a gay man so I could pursue him.
I was singing the song in the video ("Fantasy") all day yesterday, though, so beware.
Good Job! :)
ReplyDelete